The 2012 Vermont Employee Ownership Conference was held Friday, June 8th, 2012 at Champlain College in Burlington, VT
This year's conference again featured 19 diverse Workshops, which were led by members of some of Vermont's employee-owned companies as well as expert professional advisors and consultants from around the country. Our keynote speaker, Gar Alperovitz, explored many aspects of the "new economy" and the impact of employee ownership.
The feedback from attendees was that this was another excellent conference. Here are a few on the comments we received:
- "This was my first time attending this conference and I had a really meaningful time hearing about the experiences of other employee owners."
- "Very informative and thought provoking. Excellent cast of presenters."
- "The best conference I have been to so far. The content and information was excellent."
- "It was helpful to be able to gauge the progress of our own coop with others who have tread down similar paths."
- Introduction to Employee Ownership
- Selling to An ESOP
- Participation Up and Down the Organization
- Sustaining Employee-Owned Firms Over the Long Term
- Basics of Business Valuation
- Achieving the Performance Potential of Shared Ownership
- Marketing Your Employee-Owned Company
- Employee Ownership and the Next Economy
- Sharing Financial Information with Employee Owners
- Developing New Leaders in Employee-Owned Companies
- Mentoring and Coaching New Employee Owners
- Hot Topics- Fiduciary Duties